Saturday, February 7, 2009

Back Home

So. on today's voyage home I espied a rather interesting little card:


I had just missed my bus and had an hour or so to kill. The temperature was 46 degrees at that time with fierce winds so I decided to sequester within the International section of the Airport. In short, I was bored.

Unaware that an arcade Time Crisis 2 was just around the corner from where I sat, I began to take notice of my surroundings. I spied a small bird (pictured in silhouette, above) and a stack of these cards. Now, I like the overall design. I will note it thus as I see it:
  • complimentary two colour seperation
  • eye-catching, complete lack of leading on the title's two words
    - made possible by the former point
  • System of emphasis resulting from warm coloured text standing out.
That last point may be completely unintentional, but it highlights the word 'Comment' and then the space upon which to do so, which is the bare-bones purpose of the card.

The reason I found the card eye-catching, apart from this clean and simple design, was the incongruous Melbourne airport logo at the bottom. Granted, it had to be there in some form, but it looks very late nineties to early 2000's -ish and didn't really gel.

What should be done when such strange bedfellows meet? Or should the work have been made in the style of the logo?

No comments:

Post a Comment