Wednesday, April 29, 2009

New Camera

It was my birthday yesterday, and as I'm a big bad twenty two year old, I went and bought myself a camera. Specifically, the Canon EOS 450d, aka Rebel. (I wanted it when I heard about it last year, but i'm only just now able to afford it.) Just the body kit though, as apparently the basic lens kit it comes with is rather crap. I'm no expert on the technical side of cameras, so I thought this would be a good starter SLR for me.

My first camera, a Fujifilm Finepix s5700, has and is a lovely, simple, no-nonsense SLR wannabe, perfect for the novice who thinks himself a cut above the happy snaps sort of camera - I will always have a soft spot for how easy it was to shoot with and understand (did I mention it was also so wonderfully cheap!). However, at 7.1 megapixels with a rather dinky zoom around the shutter button, it's more or less reached the ceiling of its' usefulness at this point.

I now have to buy a lens to start using my new camera - which means I'll finally be rolling up my sleeves and properly learning all the arcane and esoteric details that lie just beneath the surface of camera use - no more blissful ignorance with a built-in lens and an auto everything for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment