Thursday, May 14, 2009

Lenses

My girlfriend has a wonderful smile.

So, I need to decide between the EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 and the EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6. the former is over twice the price of the latter, at $1,300 (lowest possible price). That's considerably more than the cost of the camera it's going to be used for.

Lenses are more of an investment than cameras, or so the story goes, but given this lens is only useable on cropped Canons... less so. Of course, the $500 dollar lens has its' flaws, but it is quite a cut above the starter kit. As this is meant to be a starter SLR, the 'reasonable' choice would be the EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6. It remains to be seen if I will be reasonable.

I can't wait to do some serious shootin'. Too much of my work has focussed on using vectors because you can do it in front of a computer and see the results straight away.

No comments:

Post a Comment