Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Wherein Constraints Are Considered

I find that the most useful inputs in the making of a design are the restrictions imposed upon it - working within constraints creates inspiration. When this design (no, it's not really a paul frank) was made the colour palette was a maximum of four colours.



Similarly, the Head Editor of Cerulean Rain wanted the entirety of our web art journal to be a single format (that is, either portrait or landscape A4) - which sounds simple enough, but she already loved the previous iteration I had shown her. Thus, the new had to somehow encompass the old.


Whilst it is inevitably a compromise, in some ways, I think it's better than the original.


Lastly, on a musical note, (unintended pun +1) I am suddenly thinking crystal castles is so awesome. For all you Indies out there, hello! I discover things slowly!

No comments:

Post a Comment